Consultation services are very useful method to further your child’s development. Different from direct treatment with your child, consultative services involves meeting with parents, caregivers, teachers, and/or other therapeutic team members.
- Optimize your child’s participation at home for play, social skills, and self care.
- Consider Treatment strategies you may add to your child’s current therapies
- Assess and strategize to maximize your child’s current therapeutic plan
- Learn about sensory processing and sensory integration as they pertain specifically to your child
- School visits and advice regarding how to enhance your child’s participation and learning in school
- Improve play date interactions with individualized recommendations
- Home programming
- home exercises – gross motor, fine motor, visual perceptual, etc.
- self care skills
- household participation
- leisure pursuits
- home sensory diet
Consultation may be conducted with:
- The therapeutic team
- Other people in your child’s life
- Coaches – swim, basketball, soccer, etc.
- Dance teachers
- Music instructors
- Nanny/ babysitter